Over the last few months a new feminist project has been occupying a small group of feminist historians at the University of Sussex. #MorethanAssistants is inspired by the history of feminist interventions in Historical practice.
We are concerned with
- The burden of responsibility on those few female figures who manage to earn a space in the public realm.
- The disproportionate shaming of young women for unruly behaviour.
- The power of playful, messy, feminism.
- The importance of carrying our sisterhood with us, whether physically, virtually or emotionally
- The power of being in the wrong place.
You can hear more about the assistants on this PRBH radio interview from 1.07 to 1.31